ALWAYS Try On Your Clothes Before You Buy Them

So recently my whole family went to send off my older sister in another city, where she'll be living from now on because of her job. It takes about three and a half hours to get there, without traffic.

After we had dropped off all her stuff at her new place, we went to a nearby shopping mall to buy anything else she might need. The mall was 5 minutes away by car, and it had everything.

EVERYTHING!! It had the grocery stores and other stuff, but the clothes. Oh, the clothes. There was Suzy, Urban Planet, Simons and sooo much more. (Btw those are some of my favourite stores.) SHE'S SO LUCKY!!! That's not even fair :(

Anyway, after we'd pretty much finished shopping there, we were on our way out. The closest exit to our car was in Simon's, so we were just passing through, but we were also looking around a bit at the clothes. While we were passing through/looking around, I saw this pretty red short sleeved long sweater thingy. GAH I suck at explaining :( Maybe I'll take a picture. Or not. Ack whatever.

So because the sizes are kind of weird at Simon's I tried on a small (I'm usually a medium). It fit perfectly, and I really liked it. It was just a bit tight taking it off though, so I grabbed a medium instead. And because we were sort of in a hurry, I didn't try this one on. We just payed for it and left.

When we got home, I tried the size medium on and what do you know, it's too big. Not by a lot, but whereas the size small fit perfectly, this one is baggy in all the wrong places. Specifically, the tummy area. The sweater makes it look like I have no waist at all, and it's just GUH. And there are no Simon's where I live, so I can't just return it. And now I'm like:
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME
So that's my little story/rant. Now I'm all sad and frustrated.

But seriously. Why, life, why?

post signature

P.S. I just wrote the literacy test today!! It was easy.

P.P.S. BUT WHAT IF I FAILED??!! :S

4 comments

Sarah 3/28/2014 12:30 PM

Ughh, HATE it when that happens. Or when you accidentally put something in the dryer and it shrinks. :P Can you wear it with leggings or something?

*Lyn* 3/28/2014 6:10 PM

Yeah that's always annoying too. And I'll try that :)

Ngozi N 3/28/2014 9:20 PM

I know the feeling girl, it sucks! I think that you're a great storyteller, hilarious writing lol! Love your blog (:
nostalgicteens.blogspot.com

*Lyn* 3/28/2014 10:36 PM

Thanks so much! Love your blog too :)

Post a Comment